The Aquatic Depths is an underground biome completely filled with water. It is found underneath the Ocean biome's sandy floor, opposite of the dungeon. The player can enter the Aquatic Depths through a huge gap in the sand.
The biome features its own unique tiles, enemies, loot and music. Platforms that elevate Depth Chests can randomly be found within the pockets of open water within the biome; they contain their own assortment of unique loot.
In addition to containing many veins of Gold or Platinum Ore, the Aquatic Depths also contains an unique ore, Aquaite, and a unique gem, Pearls, that are both used in several water-related items. It also contains pockets of Brackish Clumps, which can be extractinated similarly to Silt and Slush.
While in the Aquatic Depths, players will receive a Choking Aura debuff, which makes them lose health over time if they are exposed to air. This debuff will be replaced with the Untainted Waters buff if Abyssion, The Forgotten One has been defeated at least once in that world.
Content[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Treasures||Unique Drops|
From Depth Chests:
From Octopi & Man o' Wars:
From Sharp Tooths, Hammerheads & Barracudas:
From Giga Clams:
From Crowns of Thorns:
From Feeding Frenzies, Crowns of Thorns & Krakens:
From Volt Eels:
From Submerged Mimics:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Water in this biome takes on a very deep, dark blue color, but the difference is somewhat hard to see due to the background wall.
- Upon defeating Plantera for the first time in a world, a status message, "Something stirs in the Aquatic Depths..." will be displayed, notifying the player that Aquatic Hallucinations now spawn in the Aquatic Depths and therefore Abyssion, The Forgotten One can now be summoned.
- This biome cannot be artificially created, as the background wall tiles cannot be gathered.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Players exploring the Aquatic Depths run the risk of drowning if not equipped with the right equipment. To avoid drowning, bring items that aid in breathing underwater, such as the Gills Potion or Ocean Armor.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
| Changes to Biomes|
|Surface Layers||Snow • The Corruption • The Crimson • Floating Island|
|Underground Layers||Cavern • Underground Snow • Underground Jungle • Aquatic Depths • The Underworld|
|Special Biomes||Meteorite • Granite Cave • Marble Cave • Dungeon • Lihzahrd Temple|