|Grants buff||Shined Shoes|
|Buff duration||5 minutes|
|Buff tooltip||"Movement speed, run acceleration and jump height are increased"|
The Cobbler is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following conditions have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- The Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.
When threatened by enemies, he will defend himself by throwing craftman's nails.
Shine Shoes[edit | edit source]
The Cobbler can also shine your shoes for free when you select the "Shine Shoes" in the dialogue window. The Shined Shoes buff increases your movement speed by 15%, run acceleration by 5% and jump speed by 50%. This effect stacks with other movement speed increasing effects. The buff also causes light to emit from the character in very small but bright twinkles originating from the feet. Although the light emitted is bright, it is not sufficient to explore dark caves or the surface at night.
The buff lasts for 5 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the icon.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Traveler's Boots||1 25||Always available.|
|Steel Toed Boots||1 50||Always available.|
|Drift Boots||2||Always available.|
|Turbo Boots||2 50||Always available.|
|Healthy Boots||3 50||Always available.|
|Aglet||1||If Eater of Worlds / Brain of Cthulhu has been defeated.|
|Water Walking Boots||3 75||If The Queen Jellyfish has been defeated.|
|Slag Stompers||5||If Skeletron has been defeated.|
|Crash Boots||6 50||If Skeletron has been defeated.|
|Hermes Boots||2 50||If Skeletron has been defeated.|
|Ice Skates||2 75||If Borean Strider has been defeated.|
|Lava Waders||8 50||If Coznix, The Fallen Beholder has been defeated.|
|Flower Boots||8 75||If Plantera has been defeated.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Cobbler sells boot accessories of varying effects. As you progress in defeating bosses, more and more boots will become available for purchase.
- When selecting the "Shine Shoes" in the dialogue window with the buff on, the Cobbler will not "re-shine" your shoes. Thus, to refresh the buff, you have to cancel it manually first.
Names[edit | edit source]
The Cobbler can have the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "In my younger years, I myself was a hero. I stopped after nearly perishing to a mechanical creation of my own design... I hold much regret in that creature.";
- "Worry not young hero. While the journey may be tough, I have full confidence in your ability!"
- "You can learn a lot by walking a mile in someone else's boots. If only some of these townsfolk would walk a mile in yours, then they could understand..."
- "How are you doing young one? Are you staying safe out there in the wilds?"
- "I can't shake the feeling that I've known [Name of Clothier] in the past..." (Only if Clothier is present))
- "That poor girl, [Name of Dryad], needs to wear some more clothes!" (Only if Dryad is present)
- I wish [Name of Arms Dealer] would make some better decisions. You only have one life!" (Only if Arms Dealer is present)
- "That young man, [Name of Guide], seems to know a lot about this land. I wonder if he was an adventurer like you in his youth?" (Only if Guide is present)
- "Ah, so [Name of Guide] has been giving you advise this whole time...? I wonder if he still hasn't forgiven himself for what happened.." (Only if Guide is present)
When receiving the Shined Shoes buff:
- "Now that's a good shoe shining if I do say so myself. I can practically see my own reflection!"
When attempting to receive the buff again while it has not expired:
- "I'm afraid I can't make them anymore shiny than they already are. Come back later when you get a little dirt on em'."
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Now sells new items at various stages of progression.
- 22.214.171.124: Can now grant a buff that increases movement speed.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.