Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Tooltip||Clicking the Encase key will place you in an impenetrable shell|
While encased, you cant use items or health potions, life regeneration is heavily reduced, and damage is nearly nullified
Leaving the shell will greatly lower your speed, damage reduction and damage briefly
Leaving the shell will prohibit the use of the shell again for 20 seconds
|Buff tooltip||Just about nothing can harm you!|
|Debuff duration||20 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Damage, defense and movement speed greatly reduced|
|Treasure Bag (Abyssion, The Forgotten One)||1||100%|
Fortune and glory, kid.Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.
The Abyssal Shell is a Hardmode accessory. It provides the ability to enter a shell by pressing the Encase key, making you invulnerable to most forms of damage. However, while affected, your movement speed and life regeneration are drastically reduced, you are unable to use items and all damage output is mostly nulled. Pressing the Encase key again will exit the shell and inflict the Abyssal Weight debuff. briefly reducing your speed, damage and damage reduction.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the Moon Lord's attacks having separate invincibility timers, its attacks are unaffected by the Abyssal Shell.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As the player in the shell does not receive any damage, a viable strategy in multiplayer is to have the player in the Abyssal Shell distract the boss while the others kill it.
History[edit | edit source]
- 126.96.36.199: Changed defense reduction to decreased damage reduction.
- Changed activation key.
- Changed penalties on use.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
|Expert mode items |
|• • • • • • • • • • • • • •|