The Back Stabber is a Hardmode broadsword that is dropped by Mister Stabbies during the Frost Legion event. Striking the back side of an enemy with this weapon guarantees that it will critically strike for 400% damage. It also decreases the chance for enemies to target you and has autoswing.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Back Stabber and its mechanics are a reference to the video game Team Fortress 2, in which the Spy can attack with a "backstab", resulting in an instant kill against the enemy.
History[edit | edit source]
- Buffed use time from 17 to 13, backstab critical hit bonus damage from 300% to 400%, and nerfed damage from 35 to 29.
- Now decreases the chance for enemies to target you.
- 18.104.22.168: Nerfed damage from 40 to 35, use time from 15 to 17, buffed knockback from 1 to 2 and made the backstab critical hit deal 300% damage.
- 22.214.171.124: Decreased use time from 17 to 15 and increased critical chance from 4% to 10%.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.