The Beholder Staff is a Hardmode summon weapon that is obtained from the Coznix, The Fallen Beholder. It spawns a Mini Beholder to fire energy projectiles at enemies from afar. In addition, having a Mini Beholder summoned will highlight all enemies onscreen with a red light, similar to the effects of the Hunter Potion. Like other minions, summoned Mini Beholders are invincible and follow the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff. Additionally, Mini Beholders cost 2 minion slots each to summon.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Beholder Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Mini Beholder attacks pierce, making this a strong weapon against segmented enemies like The Destroyer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player must invest in items that increase the number of Minion slots available in order to use this weapon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is one of five (the others being the Viscount's Cane, Taboo Wand, Steamgunner Controller and Ember Staff) Summon weapons that have a minimum requirement to use, requiring 2 minion slots to summon 1 of its minion.
History[edit | edit source]
- Is no longer Expert Mode exclusive.
- Sprite updated.
- 126.96.36.199: Buffed damage from 38 to 44.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.