Spawn[edit | edit source]
The Borean Strider can spawn on its own as long as the player is within a Hardmode Blizzard, but its spawn can be expedited with a Strider's Tear. Its presence is indicated with the message "An eight legged menace is prowling the tundra..."
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Borean Strider leaps around the battle field much like slimes do, as well as unleashing various frost attacks at the player such as:
- Sending out frosty shockwaves after every hop that chills and damages players.
- Shooting a high velocity icicle attack that has a chance to inflict frostburn and freeze the player on hit.
- Releasing a crystal wave of icy bursts that deal significant damage and freeze hit players for one second.
- Upon reaching 50% life, the cracking abdomen of the Borean Strider will rupture, spawning a set of Borean Hoppers.
- While below 50% life, the Borean Strider will spawn Borean Hoppers and Borean Mytes in an alternating pattern.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|After its egg sack has been popped|
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Upon defeating the Borean Strider for the first time, new enemies will begin to spawn in underground Spider Nests; namely, the Black Widow, the Brown Recluse, the Tarantula, and in Underground Snow biomes the Frost Fang. This is indicated with the message upon its defeat "The arachnids of the world cry out in anguish..."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Borean Strider bears resemblance to the artist Endling's Tundrantula and is inspired off of it.
History[edit | edit source]
- All visuals have been updated again.
- Fight has been updated and phases normalized.
- All visuals have been updated.
- Upgraded to an early Hardmode boss:
- Now has a Treasure Bag that drops the Ice Bound Strider Hide.
- No longer drops Blizzard MK II.
- Now has a Boss Mask.
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.