We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
"An eight legged menace is prowling the tundra..."
Spawn[edit | edit source]
The Borean Strider can spawn on its own as long as the player is within a Hardmode Blizzard, but its spawn can be expedited with a Strider's Tear. Its presence is indicated with the message "An eight legged menace is prowling the tundra..."
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Borean Striders leap around the battle field much like slimes do, as well as unleashing various frost attacks at the player such as:
- Upon landing after a hop, it releases a medium range shockwave that chills and damages players.
- Shooting a high velocity icicle attack that has a chance to inflict frostburn and freeze the player on hit.
- Releasing a wave of snow that deals moderate damage and has a chance to inflict frostburn on the player.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|Borean Hopper||After its egg sack has been popped|
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Upon defeating the Borean Strider for the first time, new enemies will begin to spawn in underground Spider Nests; namely, the Black Widow, the Brown Recluse, the Tarantula, and in Underground Snow biomes the Frost Fang. This is indicated with the message upon its defeat "The arachnids of the world cry out in anguish..."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Borean Strider bears resemblance to the artist Endling's Tundrantula and is inspired off of it.
See Also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- All visuals have been updated.
- Upgraded to an early Hardmode boss:
- Now has a Treasure Bag that drops the Ice Bound Strider Hide.
- No longer drops Blizzard MK II.
- Now has a Boss Mask.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.