The Confused Zombie is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following conditions have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- Patch Werk has been defeated.
When threatened by enemies, he will defend himself with severed hands.
Enemy Repellent[edit | edit source]
At the beginning of a new night/day cycle, the Confused Zombie will provide one player a random Enemy Repellent, at the cost of 2 . He could provide Bat Repellent, Fish Repellent, Insect Repellent, Skeleton Repellent, or Zombie Repellent.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Rotten Chunk||6||Always available.|
|Lens||2 50||If any Mechanical Boss has been defeated.|
|Bone||1 25||If any Mechanical Boss has been defeated.|
|Rusty Sword||25||Always available.|
|Bent Zombie Arm||45||Always available.|
|Spell Book - Teeth||80||Always available.|
|Necromancer's Heart||1||Always available.|
|The Good Book||2 25||Always available.|
|Sacrificial Dagger||4 50||If Wall of Flesh has been defeated.|
|Grim Flayer||10||If Wall of Flesh has been defeated.|
|Suspicious Looking Eye||1||If Wall of Flesh has been defeated.|
|Worm Food||1 25||If Wall of Flesh has been defeated.|
|Bloody Spine||1 35||If Wall of Flesh has been defeated.|
|The Void Heart||6 50||If Coznix, The Fallen Beholder has been defeated.|
|Death Gazer's Glass||2 50||If Coznix, The Fallen Beholder has been defeated.|
|Snot Ball||10||If an Ogre has been defeated.|
|Soul Bomb||45||If The Lich has been defeated.|
|Study of Lich||10||If The Lich has been defeated.|
Names[edit | edit source]
The Confused Zombie can have the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I cant remember much about my past life... Chemicals and the like were my passion I think; I only get fragments and pieces of the truth. Its saddening at times..."
- "Why am I not like the others...? Oh, I'm sorry, did you need something friend?"
- "Most people don't have the stomach to handle the things I sell. The trick is to not have a stomach at all!"
- "I gotta thank you for letting me stick around. Only coming out at night is pretty boring..."
- "I bet [Name of Guide] has a big juicy brain... Not that I would wanna... uh... Did you need something?" (Only if Guide is present)
- "[Name of Party Girl]'s brain would surely taste like candy... Oh uh, hello there!" (Only if Party Girl is present)
When the player clicks Enemy Repellent:
- "I just whipped up the perfect recipe to deter Bats from bothering you; no more tiny nibbles!" (If provided with Bat Repellent)
- "Getting this stuff to work underwater was a huge hassle... Either way, hungry fish shouldn't attempt to eat you with this." (If provided with Fish Repellent)
- "With this nasty concoction, insects will associate your scent with their queen! Neat, huh?" (If provided with Insect Repellent)
- "I'll be honest, this is just a bottle of pure liquid calcium. Don't question it, the skeletons surely wont either!" (If provided with Skeleton Repellent)
- "If this turned out correctly, you'll smell just like a zombie. Hopefully your nights will be a tad more calm!" (If provided with Zombie Repellent)
- If clicked after the cycle's item has already been acquired:
- "Ah shucks, you'll have to give me some time to prepare these properly. This stuff can get pretty complicated."
- If the player doesn't have enough money:
- "Looks like your a bit short on funds. Come back when you have a little more coin in your pocket!"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Confused Zombie seems to be the only non-hostile zombie in the world of Terraria.
- All of the Confused Zombie's names allude to death in some way.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Now sells Study of Lich.
- 184.108.40.206: Now sells Snot Balls and can provide Insect Repellent.
- 220.127.116.11: Now sells Death Gazer's Glass.
- 18.104.22.168: Now sells Enemy Repellent.
- 22.214.171.124: :
- Now only spawns after defeating Patch Werk.
- Now sells unique items during Hardmode if certain conditions are met.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.