The Cook is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following conditions have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- A player in the world has any type of mushroom in their inventory.
If the Cook dies, he will only respawn if the above conditions are met again.
When threatened by enemies, he will defend himself with ceramic plates.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Apple Pie||10||Always available.|
|Slice of Cake||10||Always available.|
|Ice Cream||10||Always available.|
|Steamed Carrots||10||Always available.|
|Protein Shake||10||Always available.|
|Cook's Hat||1||Always available.|
|Cook's Apron||1||Always available.|
|Fork||1||If Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.|
|Spoon||1||If Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.|
|Kitchen Knife||1||If Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.|
|Spud Bomber||1 25||If Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.|
|Spud||15||If Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.|
Recipe[edit | edit source]
The cook can be given specific items to aid in the creation of new recipes. These food items are more powerful than the Cook's basic food and offer more life, buff duration and an added Well Fed. After donating the suitable amount for each food, the Cook will give the player 5 free samples of the food, except for Bacon, and start selling them. The Cook will take one item per click and can hold on to any number of a single type of ingredient, but will only create new food if the total amount he has is enough.
|Blueberry Salad||20||After donating 3 Blue Berries.|
|Sauteed Shroom||20||After donating 3 Teal Mushroom.|
|Prickly Jam||20||After donating 3 Pink Prickly Pear.|
|The Mistake||20||After donating 8 Rotten Chunk.|
|Questionable Rib Rack||20||After donating 8 Vertebrae.|
|Mean n' Green Stew||20||After donating 3 Green Mushroom.|
|Sea Spaghetti||20||After donating 3 Lime Kelp.|
|Sunny Day Lemonade||20||After donating 3 Yellow Marigold.|
|Sky Bloom Cocktail||20||After donating 3 Sky Blue Flower.|
|Blood Root Goop||20||After donating 3 Orange Bloodroot.|
|Glowing Souffle||20||After donating 10 Glowing Mushroom.|
|Life Fruit Platter||30||After donating 3 Life Fruit.|
|Mana Delight||20||After donating 10 Mana Berries.|
|Bacon||10||After donating The Almighty Recipe.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
The Cook is a useful NPC to have early on in the game, as he sells health recovering food which have separate cooldown timers from potion sickness. The food he sells also give minor boosts to certain stats.
Names[edit | edit source]
The Cook can have the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "I've got a lot of orders from the other towns folk right now, make it quick!"
- "How did any of you survive before I arrived? What could you have possibly been eating, dirt?"
- "I'm stuck with dull knives while you wield weapons of unimaginable power? Give me a break..."
- "No one should go adventuring on an empty stomach. Eat well hero!"
- "Supply me with the proper ingredients, and I can make some truly powerful foods for you, hero!"
- "That kid [Name of Angler] is so stingy with his fish. He has a million of them and he cant spare a single one for some fish fillet?" (Only if Angler is present)
- "Cooking for [Name of Dryad] is no easy task. She simply refuses to eat any form of meat!" (Only if Dryad is present)
- "The last time [Name of Witch Doctor] asked me to cook for him, he requested bugs! This truly is a strange place..." (Only if Witch Doctor is present)
When the player clicks Supply Ingredients:
- If player doesn't have any valid ingredients:
- "Looks like you don't have any ingredients in your bags. If you can find enough of an ingredient I'm looking for, I can supply you with new purchasable foods. Some of these dishes will be far more powerful than my usual wears, so keep your eyes peeled for unique ingredients!"
- Sunny Day Lemonade: "When I was younger, my mother would always greet me with some ice cold lemonade after a day of playing in the sun... I miss the simpler times."
- Sauteed Shroom: "This crisp morel was just asking to be put in a dish, I hope its to your liking!"
- Prickly Jam: "Pink pears can be problematic if prepared improperly. Good thing I'm a professional pear pickler!"
- The Mistake and Questionable Rib Rack: "Well uh... I DID cook it, though I'm not entirely sure you should eat this stuff."
- Mean n' Green Stew: "With just the right amount of green, this dish gets real mean. Be careful eating it!"
- Sea Spaghetti: "Not a single wheat stalk in sight... I guess kelp can suffice as a noodle, if prepared correctly at least."
- Blueberry Salad: "Ah, just enough blueberries to start making blue berry salad. Magic casters would just adore this food!"
- Sky Bloom Cocktail: "Yunno, its not just called a 'Sky Blue Flower' because of its color. Some say they've fallen from the sky islands themselves long ago."
- Blood Root Goop: "Last time I took a swig of this stuff, I started thinking everything was out to get me... But hey, maybe that's what you're looking for?"
- Glowing Souffle: "Ah, glowing mushrooms, a staple in the diet of a terrarian! Hopefully this recipe offers a little more 'pizazz' to its taste."
- Life Fruit Platter: "I'm honored that you'd trust me with such rare commodities. Hopefully this new recipe suits your fancy!"
- Mana Delight: "I myself don't know much about the Hallow, it's a rather strange place... But berries are berries, eh?"
- Bacon: "So the legends are true... The Kitchen scholars thought this recipe lost to time, but its right in front of me. I can barely contain my excitement to try it out!"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Emeril" is a reference to Emeril John Lagasse, who is an American celebrity chef, restaurateur, television personality, and cookbook author.
- Likewise, the name "Guy" is a reference to another American restaurateur, author, game show host, and television personality, Guy Fieri.
- "Flay" is a reference to Robert William "Bobby" Flay, an American celebrity chef, restaurateur, and reality television personality.
- "Gordan" is a reference to Gordon Ramsay, a renowned British chef, restaurateur and television personality. It is unknown if the use of an "a" instead of an "o" is intentional.
- "Jamie" is a reference to Jamie Oliver, a British celebrity chef famous for his TV shows.
- The name "Alton" is a reference to Alton Brown, an American celebrity chef and television personality.