Coznix, The Fallen Beholder
Coznix, The Fallen Beholder is a Hardmode boss that can be fought after acquiring some Soul of Light and Soul of Night. Basic Hardmode equipment is recommended, as the Fallen Beholders attacks can be very punishing.
While The Fallen Beholder is alive, its exclusive Music will play.
The Fallen Beholder does not spawn on its own, and requires the player to summon it with a Void Lens while in The Underworld.
The Fallen Beholder will fly in the air and occasionally lunge at the player, dealing high contact damage. As Coznix does this, it will barrage the player with a variety of magical attacks.
- Will shoot out a slow moving, but powerful, eradication beam at the chosen player.
- While below 80% life, will unleash a large spread pulse of dark magic that heavily debuffs players it contacts.
- While below 60% life, will summon slowly moving void gates that shoot powerful laser beams directly beneath them.
In Expert Mode
- Upon reaching 40% life, its second form will be unleashed.
Coznix, The Fallen BeholderSoul of the Void
Coznix, The Fallen Beholder (Soul of the Void) is the Expert Mode exclusive second form of The Fallen Beholder.
- Will rapidly unleash eradication beams at the player.
- Rapidly ram into nearby players for massive damage.
- Summons a void portal above the players head, which causes a tidal wave of lava to rupture from below them after a short delay.
- All attacks will leave a highly damaging burn on the hit player.
- Summons lava waves that increase in height the lower the health is.
- When killed, Coznix's drops will spawn inside a box made out of Hellstone Bricks to keep them from falling into lava.
- Defeating Coznix will cause either Lodestone Chunks or Valadium Chunks to generate throughout the world. This can happen up to three times per ore with each successive defeat, and more ore than usual will generate each time if defeated in Expert Mode.
- Defeating Coznix for the first time will allow the Weapon Master to move in.
- Once defeated, certain NPCs will start selling new items:
- 126.96.36.199: Fight updated and attack visuals improved.
- Contact damage decreased from 90/180 to 50/75.
- Coznix' second phase contact damage decreased from 200 to 100
- 188.8.131.52: Encounter is now more difficult.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.