The Desert Acolyte is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following conditions have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- The Grand Thunder Bird has been defeated.
When threatened by enemies, he will defend himself with magical wind gusts.
Sandstorm[edit | edit source]
Clicking on the "Sandstorm" dialogue option will trigger a Sandstorm event for 1 .
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|1 35||Always available.|
|2 65||If Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.|
|2 25||If Eater of Worlds / Brain of Cthulhu has been defeated.|
|20||If Wall of Flesh has been defeated.|
|1||If Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.|
|5||If Wall of Flesh has been defeated.|
|25||If Plantera has been defeated.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Desert Acolyte sells a variety of items and weapons based around a desert theme. Most notably, he sells items specialized for players using the Throwing Class.
Names[edit | edit source]
The Desert Acolyte can have the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "We certainly have some strange people around this town, don't we...?"
- "You didn't see any giant bird shadows while you were out in the desert, did you?"
- "I had originally stopped just to refill my canteen, but you seem like someone who can deal with a real threat!"
- "I have seen so much evil in my travels... I only hope someone can put a stop to them!"
- "[Name of Dye Trader] was interested in dying my attire, but his choice of plant dye was 'strange' to say the least." (Only if Dye Trader is present)
- "Look at [Name of Arms Dealer] over there! He's got an entire arsenal of guns, is that really safe?" (Only if Arms Dealer is present)
When the player clicks Sandstorm:
- "Although I'm only an acolyte, one of the first things we learn is how to create a sandstorm. Beware the creatures that lurk within however..."
- If player doesn't have enough money:
- "Creating a sandstorm is a very taxing job. I would prefer to have some compensation in the form of money, please."
History[edit | edit source]
- Now called 'Desert Acolyte' (was 'Desert Traveller').
- Now has a specialty.
- 184.108.40.206: :
- Now only appears once The Grand Thunder Bird has been defeated.
- Sells new items.
- 220.127.116.11: Introduced.