The Devil's Claw is a craftable post-Moon Lord magic weapon that rapidly unleashes magma slashes randomly upon the cursor's location, severely damaging all enemies within and inflicting the Melting debuff.
Its best modifier is Godly, as it cannot gain mana-reduction affixes.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As the slashes are centered around the cursor, they can damage enemies obscured by blocks, or even those traveling through solid blocks.
- Unlike most magical weapons and tomes, the weapon sprite is "swung" every time an explosion is created vs. being held out stationary in front of the player.
- Unfortunately, the invincibility frames caused by the piercing damage tend to limit this weapon's true damage output. It can easily be out-damaged by other endgame spells, such as the Almanac of Agony, Lunar Flare, and the Last Prism.
- This being said, the utility of its block-ignoring, instant, and area damage still make it a very formidable weapon against all but the most powerful bosses.
History[edit | edit source]
- 126.96.36.199: Buffed to apply Melting instead of On Fire! and Singed.
- Damage increased from 180 to 375.
- Mana cost decreased from 5 to 3.
- Use time decreased from 4 to 7.
- Effect reworked.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
|Primordial Essences |