Eye of Odin
This is a donator item! It is dedicated to: lordfransie
|Eye of Odin|
The Eye of Odin is a craftable Hardmode summon weapon. It summons an Eye of Odin minion that fires lightning at enemies. The lightning will chain to other nearby enemies from the initial target enemy, damaging them as well. The lightning's damage decreases by 25% each time it chains, stopping after it reaches 1 damage; and the same enemy cannot receive the chain twice in the same attack. Like other minions, summoned Eyes of Odin are invincible and follow the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Eye of Odin has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Soul of Light||2|
|Soul of Night||2|
|Eye of Odin||1|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Eye of Odin minion's lightning chain limit doesn't account for the enemy's defense, so it may do 1 damage more than once before it stops chaining.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As the Eye of Odin minion's lightning only stops chaining after its damage reaches 1, obtaining summon damage increasing equipment and buffs, as well as a modifier, can potentially increase the maximum amount of chains it can do.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Increased minion attack rate.
- 18.104.22.168: Decreased damage from 68 to 52.
- 22.214.171.124: Enemy chain damage decreased from 90% to 75% per enemy.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.