We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|Type||Weapon – Thrower|
|Use time||23 Fast|
|Tooltip||Throws a limitless supply of energy daggers|
Overuse of this weapon inflicts Exhaustion, massively reducing its damage
|Debuff duration||1 second|
|Debuff tooltip||Pure darkness is melting this enemy|
|Debuff duration||20 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Some throwing items are now much weaker|
The Gauss Flinger is a non-consumable throwing weapon that can autofire. It is dropped by The Star Scouter. It throws energy dagger projectiles that are not affected by gravity, can pierce up to 2 enemies, and have a 1/2 (50%) chance to inflict the Light Curse debuff.
Like most non-consumable throwing weapons, using this weapon builds up an exhaustion meter that appears below the player. Not using the weapon will make the meter slowly go back down. However, if it becomes completely filled, the user will be inflicted with the Exhaustion debuff, causing all non-consumable throwing weapons to deal massively decreased damage for some time. The meter resets after the debuff ends.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It emits a reasonable amount of light when in use, making it useful during exploration in caves or traveling the surface at night.
- It is a viable weapon even in early Hardmode.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Buffed damage from 24 to 28 and use time from 25 to 23.
- Decreased damage from 28 to 24 and velocity from 19 to 15.
- Increased use time from 15 to 25.
- Added Exhaustion mechanic.
- 184.108.40.206: Increased use time from 15 to 19.
- 220.127.116.11: Increased range, damage from 23 to 28 and decreased use time from 16 to 15.
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.