|Type||Weapon – Crafting material – Bard|
|Knockback||2 Very Weak|
|Use time||10 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Allows you to rhythmically play on a big piano|
Successfully timing hits will steadily increase its damage, empowerment level, and bounce amount
Mistiming hits will decrease these bonuses greatly
These bonuses will stay between weapon swaps, but gradually fade while not your active weapon
The Grand Piano is a craftable Pre-Hardmode Big instrument. It releases pale wave projectiles that can ricochet off of a tile once and pierce multiple enemies, but each projectile loses 25% of its current damage for each enemy pierced. While held, the String Timer will appear below the player; the weapon's effects vary based on whether or not the timer is over a marker when attacking, as well as how long the rhythm has been held. When used, it empowers nearby players and the user with the Defense I empowerment.
Correctly attacking while the timer is over a marker will increase the weapon's damage by 4%, which stacks with successive correctly timed attacks up to 120% increased damage.
- Once the bonus damage has reached 40%, the pale projectile will bounce against tiles an additional time and the piano will empower nearby players and the user with the Defense II empowerment.
- Once the bonus damage has reached 80%, the pale projectile will bounce against tiles two additional times and the piano will empower nearby players and the user with the Defense III empowerment.
Its best Modifier is Fabled.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Renamed from "Piano" to "Grand Piano".
- Buffed range slightly and nerfed velocity from 10 to 8.
- 22.214.171.124: Buffed damage from 9 to 10.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.