|Type||Weapon – Thrower|
|Knockback||3 Very Weak|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Rapidly throws a leaky bottle of lava|
Overuse of this weapon exhausts you, massively reducing its damage
Killing enemies recovers some of your exhaustion
|Debuff duration||1 second|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Debuff duration||20 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Some throwing items are now much weaker|
|Underworld Pot Mimic||1||6.67%|
The Hot Pot is a non-consumable Hardmode throwing weapon that can autofire. It is dropped by Underworld Pot Mimics. It throws pots that can pierce infinitely and drop leaky lava projectiles as they travel, which fall to deal additional damage and inflict the On Fire! debuff.
Like most non-consumable throwing weapons, using this weapon builds up an exhaustion meter that appears below the player. Not using the weapon will make the meter slowly go back down. However, if it becomes completely filled, the user will be inflicted with the Exhaustion debuff, causing all non-consumable throwing weapons to deal massively decreased damage for some time. The meter resets after the debuff ends.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The term "Hot Pot" originates from a phrase describing multiple East Asian varieties of stew, consisting of a shimmering metal pot of stock at the center of the dining table. In the item's context, it is a play on words; the "Hot" referring to its Underworld origins and the "Pot" from the enemy that drops it.
History[edit | edit source]
- Decreased damage from 40 to 34.
- Increased use time from 18 to 20 and projectile damage from 45% to 50%.
- Added Exhaustion mechanic.
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.