The Obliterator is a Hardmode gun that is dropped by Coznix, The Fallen Beholder. It fires four bullets overlapped over each other while only consuming one; these travel as a single bullet and can hit the same enemy up to four times, essentially quadrupling damage output.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to the brief period of invulnerability incurred by piercing damage, Meteor Shots are nearly useless with this gun, as it will only hit once. Interestingly, although the explosion caused by Exploding Bullets can also only hit once, the bullets themselves will hit all four times as long as you score a direct hit.
- The Obliterator pairs extremely well with Ichor Bullets, as well as any other effects that cut defenses or grant Armor Penetration. Because the reduced defenses are applied to each bullet that hits, you effectively gain four times the normal benefit.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Nerfed velocity from 15 to 12.
- 184.108.40.206: Nerfed use time from 35 to 37 and hit amount from 5 to 4.
- 220.127.116.11: Introduced.