|Type||Weapon – Bard|
|Use time||28 Average|
|Tooltip||Left click to unleash a barrage of sound pulses|
Right click to send out a hyper-sonic wave
Dealing damage shields your life by 5 up to 25
The Sonic Amplifier is a Hardmode Bard weapon that has a chance to be dropped by the Moon Lord. It releases three yellow energy orb projectiles in rapid succession that are unaffected by gravity. Right-clicking will instead release a large green hyper-sonic wave that pierces infinitely, but only travels a short distance before dissipating. Both forms of attack grant a life shield to the player when striking an enemy, providing them with additional temporary maximum life that stacks with successive strikes up to a limit and decays over time. When used, it empowers nearby players and the user with the Empowerment Prolongation III empowerment.
Its best modifier is Fabled.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the hyper-sonic wave's projectile is capable of passing through tiles, it cannot deal damage to enemies when it does.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The design of the weapon is a reference to a weapon of the same name used by the character Lúcio in the online shooter game Overwatch.
- Its attacks also mimic Lúcio's, his weapon also fires a burst of three projectiles, and its alternate fire releases a wide short-range burst that hits all enemies caught in it. In addition, his ultimate ability can grant additional shields to players similar to how the Sonic Amplifier does so on hit.
History[edit | edit source]
- Now an Electronic instrument.
- Now grants Empowerment - Empowerment Prolongation III.
- Now applies the Barrier buff.
- Empowerment is no longer a buff and displays as bard orbs.
- Damage increased from 110 to 125.
- Use time decreased from 31 to 28.
- No longer crafted, now drops from the Moon Lord.
- Damage increased from 98 to 110.
- Attack function reworked.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
|Life Shield items |