|Type||Weapon – Bard|
|Use time||28 Average|
|Tooltip||Left click to unleash a barrage of sound pulses|
Right click to send out a hyper-sonic wave
Dealing damage shields your life by 5 up to 25
The Sonic Amplifier is a Hardmode Bard weapon that has a chance to be dropped by the Moon Lord. It releases three yellow energy orb projectiles in rapid succession that are unaffected by gravity. Right-clicking will instead release a large green hyper-sonic wave that pierces infinitely, but only travels a short distance before dissipating. Both forms of attack grant a life shield to the player when striking an enemy, providing them with additional temporary maximum life that stacks with successive strikes up to a limit and decays over time. When used, it empowers nearby players and the user with the Empowerment Prolongation III empowerment.
Its best modifier is Fabled.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the hyper-sonic wave's projectile is capable of passing through tiles, it cannot deal damage to enemies when it does.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The design of the weapon is a reference to a weapon of the same name used by the character Lúcio in the online shooter game Overwatch.
- Its mechanics also mimic Lúcio's, as he can also heal, speed boost and give temporary shields to his teammates.
History[edit | edit source]
- Now an Electronic instrument.
- Now grants Empowerment - Empowerment Prolongation III.
- Now applies the Barrier buff.
- Empowerment is no longer a buff and displays as bard orbs.
- Damage increased from 110 to 125.
- Use time decreased from 31 to 28.
- No longer crafted, now drops from the Moon Lord.
- Damage increased from 98 to 110.
- Attack function reworked.
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
|Life Shield items |