Spirit Bender's Staff
|Type||Weapon – Healer|
|Knockback||1 Extremely Weak|
|Use time||13 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Steals 5 life|
Obliterates the soul of enemies around your cursor
|Debuff duration||2 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Too much energy is causing damage and lowered defense|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Pure darkness is melting this enemy|
The Spirit Bender's Staff is a craftable Hardmode radiant weapon. It creates a ghostly aura around the cursor that damages a single enemy caught within it and recovers portions of life back to the wielder while dealing damage. The aura also inflicts the Granite Surge debuff onto hit enemies.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|Spirit Bender's Staff||1|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Functionally, this staff works the same as Gorgan Gaze Staff, Bloodboil, and True Bloodboil, as they all create a damaging aura around the cursor. However, unlike the former three, which are all magic weapons, the Spirit Bender's Staff is a radiant weapon and is thus tied to the Healer class.
- Additionally, this staff can only damage one enemy at a time.
- This weapon's life stealing ability thematically matches with the set bonus gained when using the Spectre Armor Hood.
- However, the staff does not create the healing orbs, but instead just gives a small amount of life directly to the player per damage tick.
- This weapon's life stealing ability counts towards a heal streak.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Damage increased from 28 to 42, knockback increased from 0 to 1, use time decreased from 31 to 13, mana cost reduced from 25 to 12, life steal amount changed from bonus healing to 5.
- 184.108.40.206: Now deals Radiant damage.