|Spinning Spike Ball|
The Strongest Link is a Pre-Hardmode sentry summon weapon that has a chance to be found in locked Gold Chests in the Dungeon, alongside normal dungeon items; it can also be obtained from Golden Lock Boxes. It spawns a Spinning Spike Ball whose central pivot point is tethered to the tile it was summoned on. The Spinning Spike Ball has a static chain length of around 6 tiles and damages foes on contact. Additionally, enemies will be afflicted with the Gouge debuff for a short period of time on hit. The Strongest Link can only be used if the cursor is directly over a block or platform, and fails to summon the Spinning Spike Ball otherwise.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Strongest Link has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The rotation of the Spinning Spike Ball depends on the direction the player was facing when summoned; it spins clockwise when facing to the right and counterclockwise when facing to the left.
History[edit | edit source]
- Buffed damage from 28 to 34, knockback from 6 to 8, and increased hitbox size.
- Now inflicts Gouge on hit.
- 22.214.171.124: Fixed being unobtainable in Golden Lock Boxes.
- 126.96.36.199: Introduced.