|Treasure Bag (Dark Mage)||1||50%|
Fortune and glory, kid.Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.
The Taboo Wand is a summon weapon obtained from the Dark Mage's Treasure Bag in Expert Mode. It spawns a Dark Riser that melee attacks enemies. In addition, when the Dark Riser kills an enemy, there is a chance for a grave to appear at its death point that will summon an additional Old One's Skeleton minion; this minion will follow the player and attack enemies in the same manner as the original minion before disassembling after 10 seconds. Like other minions, summoned Dark Risers are invincible and follow the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff. Additionally, Dark Risers cost 2 minion slots each to summon.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, Minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Taboo Wand has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player must invest in items that increase the number of Minion slots available in order to use this weapon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is one of five (the others being the Viscount's Cane, Beholder Staff, Steamgunner Controller, and Ember Staff) Summon weapons that have a minimum requirement to use, requiring 2 minion slots to summon 1 of its minion.
- Because "Taboo" is one of the possible modifiers for summon weapons, it is possible to have a Taboo Taboo Wand.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Nerfed Dark Riser damage speed from 6/sec to 4/sec and Dark Risen damage speed from 3/sec to 1.5/sec.
- 184.108.40.206: Introduced.