We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
The Black Dagger
|Type||Weapon – Thrower|
|Use time||7 Left-click|
|Tooltip||Throws an endless amount of shadow daggers|
Right click to throw a volley of enemy sticking daggers
Dealing damage grants you stacking damage
At 50 stacks, your damage peaks and will wither away the target for 3 seconds
|Buff duration||10 seconds|
|Buff tooltip||Only the strongest foes will feed your hunger|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||WITHER AWAY!!!|
|Debuff duration||20 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Some throwing items are now much weaker|
|Buy / Sell||25 / 12 50|
The Black Dagger is a non-consumable Hardmode throwing weapon that can autofire. It is sold by the Tracker after completing the "Tracker's End" contract. It rapidly throws shadow daggers that are not affected by gravity. When using right-click, it will instead throw a volley of 3 shadow daggers that arc down after a large distance and stick to hit enemies. Like other Black Weapons, The Black Dagger grants the Darkness Within buff, granting stacking damage for each hit before peaking at 50 stacks. After reaching 50 stacks, it will inflict the Wither debuff on hit enemies.
Like most non-consumable throwing weapons, using this weapon builds up an exhaustion meter that appears below the player. Not using the weapon will make the meter slowly go back down. However, if it becomes completely filled, the user will be inflicted with the Exhaustion debuff, causing all non-consumable throwing weapons to deal massively decreased damage for some time. The meter resets after the debuff ends.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is recommended that you use any Black Weapons along with The Black Cane as the Darkness Within buff that it creates will stack, making it easier to get to 50 stacks.
History[edit | edit source]
- Added Exhaustion mechanic.
- Sprite updated.
- Left click use time increased from 5 to 6, right click use time decreased from 23 to 15, and knockback decreased from 5 to 4.
- Sell value increased from 2 50 to 12 50 .
- Reduced damage from 50 to 20.
- Sell value decreased from 12 50 to 2 50 .
- Reduced maximum damage stacks from 100 to 50.
- Reduced Wither duration from 10 to 3 seconds.
- 18.104.22.168: Removed shadow damage.
- 22.214.171.124: Introduced.