The Black Otamatone
|Type||Weapon – Bard|
|Use time||26 Average|
|Tooltip||Creates up to two otamatone which barrage each other with noise|
The two otamatone must be within a set range of one another to work
Dealing damage grants you stacking damage and withers enemies at 50 stacks
|Buff duration||10 seconds|
|Buff tooltip||Only the strongest foes will feed your hunger|
|Debuff duration||3 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||WITHER AWAY!!!|
|Buy / Sell||25 / |
The Black Otamatone is a Hardmode Bard weapon that is sold by the Tracker after completing the "Tracker's End" contract. On use, it creates a static otamatone projectile at the cursor's position; creating a second one within a distance of about 30 tiles forms a red chain between the two, damaging any enemy that comes into contact with it. Only two otamatone can be active at a time; attempting to create more will remove the older of the two projectiles.
Like other Black Weapons, it grants the Darkness Within buff, granting stacking damage for each hit before peaking at 50 stacks. After reaching 50 stacks, it will inflict the Wither debuff on hit enemies. When used, it empowers nearby players and the user with the Empowerment Prolongation III empowerment.
Its best modifier is Fabled.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is recommended that you use any Black Weapons along with The Black Cane as the Darkness Within buff that it creates will stack, making it easier to get to 50 stacks.
History[edit | edit source]
- Effect updated.
- Now an Electronic instrument.
- 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Damage decreased from 25 to 20, critical strike chance decreased from 8% to 4%, use time increased from 20 to 26, knockback increased from 5 to 6, and inspiration cost increased from 1 to 2.
- Sell value increased from
25000*2 50 to 125000*12 50 .
- Damage decreased from 55 to 25.
- Sell value decreased from
125000*12 50 to 25000*2 50 .
- 188.8.131.52: Damage decreased from 60 to 55.
- Reduced maximum damage stacks from 100 to 50.
- Reduced Wither duration from 10 to 3 seconds.
- 184.108.40.206: Removed shadow damage.
- 220.127.116.11: Introduced.