The Buried Champion
|AI Type||Buried Champion AI|
|Damage||35 / 70|
|Max Life||7000 / 9000|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
While The Buried Champion is alive, the vanilla track Boss 5 will play.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
The Buried Champion does not spawn on its own and must be summoned by the player by killing a Bizarre Rock Formation which spawns rarely in the Marble Caves.
Alternatively, the players may summon this boss with an Ancient Blade.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Buried Champion assaults the players with a variety of attacks, with different mechanics to worry about every time it loses a third of its total health.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- While above 66% life, The Buried Champion attacks with a blade.
- The Buried Champion hovers a distance from the player, releasing quick slashes of wind horizontally for high damage.
- The Buried Champion pauses in place, then either swoops over the target player, or quickly charges at the player. It resumes its attacks from the other side.
- The Buried Champion periodically summons a golden circle below the player that tracks their movements, before stopping and creating a barrage of daggers from below.
- While between 66% and 33% life, The Buried Champion attacks with a bow.
- The Buried Champion hovers a distance from the player, rapidly firing normal arrows at the player horizontally that are able to pass through blocks. Once brought below 50% life, its fire rate significantly increases.
- The Buried Champion pauses in place, then fires a trio of elemental arrows towards the player's position.
- The Buried Champion sweeps above the player, firing off a volley of falling arrows onto the target player.
- While below 33% life, The Buried Champion attacks with a staff.
- The Buried Champion summons a Fallen Champion, that attacks using the same pattern as its blade phase. The Fallen Champion cannot be damaged by normal means.
- The Buried Champion hovers a distance from the player, firing off volatile Magical Bursts horizontally, that explodes into several smaller projectiles upon tile contact.
- The Buried Champion pauses in place, then fires three Magical Bursts towards the player's position. If a player hits these bursts with a broadsword, they will be reflected back and damage either the boss or the Fallen Champion.
In Expert Mode
- While below 33% life, The Buried Champion summons an additional Fallen Champion, that attacks using the same pattern as its bow phase.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Defeating The Buried Champion for the first time will allow the Spiritualist to arrive if provided suitable housing.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For an in depth guide on strategies plus equipment and arena recommendations, see Guide:The Buried Champion strategies.
- Like the Star Scouter and Granite Energy Storm, the boss can prove to be challenging to unprepared players. An arena, potions and later Pre-Hardmode equipment is highly recommended.
- The Shield of Cthulhu is capable of damaging Fallen Champions. However, attacking the Fallen Champions this way may put the player in a more vulnerable position.
History[edit | edit source]
- Increased damage from 30 / 60 to 35 / 70.
- Decreased life from 7250 / 9500 to 7000 / 9000.
- 18.104.22.168: Visuals updated.
- 22.214.171.124: Introduced.