The Buried Champion
|AI Type||Buried Champion AI|
|Damage||30 / 60|
|Max Life||7250 / 9500|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
Spawn[edit | edit source]
The Buried Champion does not spawn on its own and must be summoned by the player by killing a Bizarre Rock Formation which spawns rarely in the Marble Caves.
Alternatively, the players may summon this boss with an Ancient Blade.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Attacks[edit | edit source]
The Buried Champion assaults the players with a variety of attacks, with different mechanics to worry about every 33% of lost life.
Above 66% - Blade
- Periodically summons a barrage of daggers above the target players head, that quickly slam down to deal damage.
- Releases a quick moving slash of wind, that deals damage.
- Pauses in place, and quickly charges the target player.
Between 66% and 33% - Bow
- Rapidly fires normal arrows at the player
- Periodically shoots an elemental arrows, that can inflict On Fire!, Chilled or Poison.
- Sweeps towards the player, firing off a volley of falling arrows on the target player.
Below 33% - Staff
- Fires off a volatile orb of magic, the pops upon tile contact
- Summons an invulnerable echo of its blade form, that assumes the same attack pattern.
In Expert Mode Below 33% - Magic
- Summons an invulnerable echo of its previous forms, that assumes the same attack pattern.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Defeating The Buried Champion for the first time will allow the Spiritualist to arrive if provided suitable housing.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Like the Star Scouter and Granite Energy Storm, the boss can prove to be challenging to unprepared players. An arena, potions and later Pre-Hardmode equipment is highly recommended.