|Type||Weapon – Thrower|
|Use time||23 Fast|
|Tooltip||Causes an icy burst upon hitting an enemy or tile|
Attacks might significantly hinder the hit enemies movement
Overuse of this weapon inflicts Exhaustion, massively reducing its damage
|Debuff duration||2 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||This enemies movement speed is noticeably lowered|
|Debuff duration||20 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Some throwing items are now much weaker|
The Cryo-Fang is a non-consumable Hardmode throwing weapon that can autofire. It is dropped by the Borean Strider. It travels a considerable distance and creates a small ice explosion upon contacting an enemy or tile, hitting multiple enemies and applying the Freezing debuff that significantly decreases their movement speed; however, bosses cannot receive this effect.
Like most non-consumable throwing weapons, using this weapon builds up an exhaustion meter that appears below the player. Not using the weapon will make the meter slowly go back down. However, if it becomes completely filled, the user will be inflicted with the Exhaustion debuff, causing all non-consumable throwing weapons to deal massively decreased damage for some time. The meter resets after the debuff ends.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: Buffed use time from 27 to 23, AoE damage from 50% to 75%, nerfed damage from 34 to 28, and velocity from 12.5 to 12.
- Decreased damage from 42 to 34, velocity from 15 to 12.5, increased use time from 17 to 27 and area-of-effect projectile damage from 25% to 50%.
- Added Exhaustion mechanic.
- No longer a consumable.
- New visuals and on-hit effect.
- 22.214.171.124: Introduced.