The Grand Thunder Bird
- For strategies on defeating The Grand Thunder Bird, see Guide:The Grand Thunder Bird strategies.
You didn't see any giant bird shadows while you were out in the desert, did you?
The Grand Thunder Bird is the earliest boss available to the player and has the lowest health, defense and damage of all the bosses. Despite this, the player is advised to obtain basic equipment before attempting to defeat the Grand Thunder Bird.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
The Grand Thunder Bird does not spawn on its own, and requires the player to summon it with the Grand Flare Gun. Storm Flares are required as ammunition, and will only be consumed on a successful use. It can only be summoned and fought during the day.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Grand Thunder Bird hovers a few blocks above the player, flying from left to right. It increases its flying speed when its life falls below 45%. From its high angle, it launches a continuous series of attacks at players, as well as summoning Hatchlings to attack the player.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- The Grand Thunder Bird will shoot bolts of lighting that generate tornadoes upon colliding with a block. These tornadoes travel horizontally to the left and right of the impact zone and deal moderate damage. The tornadoes are not affected by gravity and can pass through blocks, lasting for 2 seconds.
In Expert Mode
- The Grand Thunder Bird will start firing high velocity feathers at players after losing 50% health.
- The Grand Thunder Bird's attacks will ramp up in damage and speed as its life drops lower and lower.
- The Grand Thunder Bird will begin flying lower upon reaching 400 health.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|Hatchling||Above 25% life|
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Defeating The Grand Thunder Bird for the first time will allow the Desert Acolyte to arrive if provided suitable housing.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the targeted player is not within direct line of sight of The Grand Thunder Bird, it will begin shooting streaks of electricity at the hiding player. These streaks pass through tiles and deal a large amount of damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The lightning bolt attack of The Grand Thunder Bird will pass right through platforms, allowing you to use a platform arena to avoid the attack and make the fight easier.