The Lich is a difficult Hardmode boss, that can be summoned at night after obtaining Hallowed Bars, Souls of Night and Pumpkins.
While The Lich is alive, the vanilla track Boss 3 will play.
The Lich does not spawn on its own, and requires the player to summon it with a Grim Harvest Sigil at night.
The Lich flies after nearby players, unleashing flaming attacks and ramming into the player for massive damage.
- Rapidly fires flaming eye beams that set the hit player on fire that increase in frequency as health drops.
- Rains down enormous balls of flame that deal moderate damage to players.
- Releases a bolt of fire magic that stagnates mid-air or on tile impact. The resulting effect is a flaming vortex of immensely high damaging fire balls.
- Upon reaching 12,800 life (40% health), the Lich's mask and hood will be torn off and it pulls out a scythe.
The Lich (Unmasked) is the Expert Mode only form of The Lich, to which it will transform once it reaches 40% health. It has a variety of new abilities.
- Rushes the nearest player with high speed and damage.
- Unleashes powerful swings of the Lich's Soul Render, that deal massive damage.
- Summons enormous balls of flaming spirit-magic both above and below the players.
- Fortifies his defense with the summoning of a Phylactery of a Thousand Souls; that increases the Lich's defense greatly until defeated.
- Rain will always follow the summoning of The Lich.
- This boss can be fought pre-Plantera and drops the Pumpkin Moon Medallion, allowing you to fight the Pumpkin Moon before having obtained Ectoplasm.
- The Lich has been credited as a direct nod to the artist Endling's Pumpkin Lich.
- 126.96.36.199: Encounter overhauled visually and mechanically.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.