|Type||Weapon – Bard|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Fires off a grasping mouth, that when channeled, sticks to its target|
Additional grasping mouths attempt to latch onto nearby enemies
|Debuff duration||Infinite while latched|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
The Maw is a craftable Hardmode Bard weapon. It releases a grasping mouth that latches on to its target to do continuous damage while the attack button is held. If the mouth latches onto an enemy and there are other enemies nearby, additional grasping mouths will extend from the initial mouth and latch on to those enemies, damaging them as well. Each mouth inflicts the Poisoned debuff for as long as it is latched to an enemy. If the initial target is killed and the attack button is still held, all of the mouths will disappear. When used, it empowers nearby players and the user with the Defense III and Damage Reduction II empowerments.
Its best modifier is Fabled.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The visuals and functionality of the weapon are a reference to the visuals and grasping mouths of Plantera.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Buffed inspiration cost from 2 to 1 and nerfed use time from 15 to 20.
- Now a String instrument.
- Buffed damage from 65 to 79 and use time from 28 to 15.
- Now grants empowerments: Defense and Damage Reduction.
- Recipe changed.
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.