The Queen Jellyfish
|AI Type||The Queen Jellyfish AI|
|Damage||25 / 50|
|Max Life||4000 / 5500|
|Debuff duration||1 second|
|Debuff tooltip||You're floating away!|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
While The Queen Jellyfish is alive, the vanilla track Boss 1 will play.
Spawn[edit | edit source]
The Queen Jellyfish does not spawn on its own, and requires the player to summon it with a Jellyfish Resonator. It can only be summoned while the player is near the Ocean during the day.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
The Queen Jellyfish hovers slightly above the player, launching bubbles to attack the player. It summons Royal Jellies to attack the player and uses its tentacles to attack in Expert Mode.
Attacks[edit | edit source]
- The Queen Jellyfish will shoot a large slow moving bubble that deals moderate damage and inflicts the Bubbled debuff; flinging the player high into the air.
- The Queen Jellyfish stops and creates a stationary cyclone that sucks the player in; contact with the cyclone can kill the player in a few seconds.
In Expert Mode
- Upon reaching 45% health, The Queen Jellyfish will begin extending tentacles that deal high contact damage.
Summons[edit | edit source]
|Below 90% health|
|Below 50% health|
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- The Diverman will spawn immediately from The Queen Jellyfish upon defeating it for the first time. He can then move in if provided suitable housing.
- Once defeated, the Cobbler will start selling Water Walking Boots, and the Clothier will start selling Useless clothes.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- After defeating The Queen Jellyfish once, subsequent appearances of the boss do not have the Diverman NPC inside its head, and subsequent defeats of the boss will not spawn additional Divermen.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For an in depth guide on strategies plus equipment and arena recommendations, see Guide:The Queen Jellyfish strategies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This boss is heavily inspired by MetoolDaddy.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Properly increased the damage and speed.
- Increased damage from 20 / 40 to 25 / 50.
- Decreased life in Expert Mode from 6600 to 5500.
- 184.108.40.206: Encounter is now more difficult.
- 220.127.116.11: Introduced.