|Use time||29 Average|
|Tooltip||Channels a large field of time slowing magic|
Enemies and hostile projectiles within the field are slowed
|Debuff duration||1 second|
|Debuff tooltip||Time is slowing this enemy down|
Time Gate is a Hardmode post-Plantera magic weapon that surrounds the caster in a large field of time altering magic while the player channels it. The time gate constantly damages and slows enemies as well as slowing all hostile projectiles that pass through it. Hostile projectiles will destroy themselves two seconds after entering the time gate.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The effective range of the field is slightly wider than the visual effect implies, extending a bit past the rotating runes on the edge.
- The mana cost is only for the initial cast, and the spell can be channeled indefinitely for no additional mana.
- Time slow effect does not work on most bosses.
- Because the field is counted an attack it cuts grass and breaks cobwebs. Even more useful, it also stops projectiles and fast moving enemies that are destroyed or stopped when hit. This makes it an extremely viable weapon until the end of the game, as a quick shield to slow and group enemies for melee attacks or even more effectively with summoning weapons, allowing the player to stand still or walk around stopping and slowing enemies while doing continuous damage and the summoned minions do added damage to them.
- All of the spellbooks qualities make it one of the best crowd control weapons in the game when combined with damage dealing minions
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
|Dark Matter |
| • • • • |
• • • • • • • • • • • • •