As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
The Tracker is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following conditions have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- The Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.
When threatened by enemies, he will defend himself with an iron broadsword.
Contracts[edit | edit source]
The Tracker hands out contracts to kill certain rare enemies. Contracts are separated into three groups, based on progression:
- Tier 1 is available by default; this group encompasses enemies encountered in Pre-Hardmode.
- Tier 2 is unlocked after defeating the Wall of Flesh; this group encompasses enemies between the beginning of Hardmode up to defeating the three Mechanical Bosses.
- Tier 3 is the final tier, unlocked after all the previous contracts; this group has a single contract against Bone Lee.
The contracts in each tier can be completed in any order. After completing a specific contract, new items corresponding to the target enemy will be unlocked for purchase in the Tracker's shop. These items can be bought with Vanquisher Medals, which are obtained from killing said targets.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
Names[edit | edit source]
The Tracker can have the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Seen any interesting beasts lurking around lately? Minotaurs? Beholders? Gorgons?"
- "Bare your scars with pride, as each one has a tale to tell... What do your scars say about you hero?"
- "Many beasts have fallen to me and my blade, but new ones are always on the prowl. Keep your eyes peeled kid."
- "You'd be surprised how effective a single shoulder pad can be."
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Enemies spawned from statues will not drop Vanquisher Medals and will not fulfill the Tracker's contracts.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A number of the contracts are references to various media:
- "Arc of the Lost Raider" is a reference to the film Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- The icon for "Ice Breaker" is a reference to Bigfoot from the Patterson–Gimlin film hoax.
- "Not So Itsy Bitsy" refers to the nursery rhyme "Itsy Bitsy Spider".
- "Drunken Sailor's Query" is a reference to the sea shanty "Drunken Sailor".
- "Gonna Need a Bigger Lamp", along with the contract icon, are references to the "Moth Lamp" meme.
- "Destroy All Monsters" is named after the 1968 kaiju film of the same name.
- One of his names, "Guts", is a reference to a character of the same name from the Berserk manga.
History[edit | edit source]
- 184.108.40.206: Updated "Not So Itsy Bitsy" description again for further clarity.
- 220.127.116.11: Updated "Not So Itsy Bitsy" description for clarity.
- Revamped the Tracker's contract system:
- 18.104.22.168: Introduced.