True Bloodboil casting animation.
The True Bloodboil is a Hardmode magic weapon that creates a powerful aura of blood magic at the cursor's location, rapidly damaging any enemies caught within it and inflicting them with the Gouge debuff, rapidly dealing damage over 3 seconds.
True Bloodboil is the upgraded version of the Pre-Hardmode staff, Bloodboil, having increased damage and a damage-over-time debuff.
Its best modifier is Demonic for damage output, or Mystic for mana conservation because it cannot get modifiers that affect knockback.
- Like its Pre-Hardmode version, True Bloodboil has a Corruption counterpart, True Light's Lament. Either can be used to craft the Terra Staff.
- Visually, the blood magic aura looks very similar to the one used by Bloodboil. The main difference is the addition of the yellow and orange particle effects.
- Decreased damage from 44 to 36.
- Increased use time from 7 to 9 and mana cost from 8 to 10.
- 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.