The Viscount is a Pre-Hardmode boss that must be fought underground. It is considered a biome-specific boss for the Cavern biome.
The Viscount does not spawn on its own, and requires the player to summon it with 5 Unholy Shards at a Blood Altar. It can only be summoned while the player is beneath the surface.
The Viscount flies above the player, launching ricocheting echo pulses. It releases multiple splashes of blood, stomps the ground stunning players, releases a ceiling breaking scream, summons life stealing Bitey Babies, and turns players into helpless bats in Expert Mode.
- The Viscount will fire slower, bouncing light blue Viscount Ripples in the direction of the player.
- The Viscount will fire faster, red Viscount Ripples in the direction of the player. These are able to bypass blocks.
- The Viscount will hold a blood globule and fly around. The blood globule will fire a group of blood droplets that inflict the Bleeding debuff.
- At 90% life, the Viscount will start aggressively stomping on the ground, causing all grounded players to become Stoned for 3 seconds.
- At 75% life, the Viscount will start releasing physic screams, that cause a cascade of Viscount Rock Falls to fall from the ceiling.
- At 60% life, the Viscount will start summoning groups of Bitey Babies, that attack players. Each time one damages the player, the Viscount will be healed for 25 health for each Bitey Baby alive.
In Expert Mode
- Upon reaching 33% life, The Viscount will continually generate red rings around the players. After around 4 seconds, nearby players will be inflicted with the Vampire's Curse debuff, which transforms nearby players into helpless bats, incapable of fighting back.