|Knockback||2 Very Weak|
|Use time||35 Slow|
|Tooltip||Unleashes a surge of void energy, which tears a rift into another dimension |
Only one rift can exist at once
|Debuff duration||3 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Pure darkness is melting this enemy|
The Void Lance is a Hardmode sentry summon weapon that fires a projectile which summons a stationary Void Gate upon collision with blocks or enemies for 15 seconds. Once summoned, the Void Gate fires a wave of dark energy at surrounding enemies within a short range, acting as a stationary turret. The attacks apply the Light Curse debuff for 3 seconds.
Its best modifier is Ruthless or Mythical.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
|The Void Heart||1|
|Soul of Night||5|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once cast, the player can switch to another weapon and the Void Gate will remain.
- The Void Lance provides a significant amount of light when fired.
- The Void Gate continuously fires beams outward throughout its duration, firing toward enemies within range.
- When there are no enemies nearby, the Void Gate will fire at the player, but deal no damage.
- The Void Gate can damage enemies in two ways, contact damage and projectile damage.
- The Void Gate remains even if the player dies.
- The Void Lance can be used simultaneously with other sentry minions without impacting the player's normal minion total.
- If the Void Gate is in range of enemies while far off the screen, the projectiles will start firing out of the player instead.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Void Gate turret can be very useful during invasions, and in combination with other sentry style Summon weapons.
- The Void Lance is the only Summon weapon that can be directly aimed at flying enemies.
History[edit | edit source]
- 220.127.116.11: Now crafted at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil.
- 18.104.22.168: Portal duration increased from 10 to 15 seconds.
- 22.214.171.124: Introduced.