|Buff tooltip||"Just sealed a contract with a demon..."|
The Weapon Master is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following conditions have been met:
- There is an empty house.
- The Wall of Flesh has been defeated.
When threatened by enemies, he will defend himself with magical demon sickles.
Hiring[edit | edit source]
Main Article: Hired Demon
Clicking on the "Hire" dialogue option will hire the Weapon Master for 10 , causing him to grow a pair of wings and become a flying minion, the Hired Demon. You will receive Blood Pact, which will allow you to revert him back to normal NPC form.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|12 50||Always available.|
|14 50||Always available.|
|4 50||Always available.|
|11 50||Always available.|
|35||If Golem has been defeated.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Weapon Master offers powerful weapons and accessories early into Hardmode for gold, allowing players to progress faster.
Names[edit | edit source]
The Weapon Master can have the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Long ago, when this world was first taking form, my race rained supreme. That time has passed it seems..."
- "I'm not one for idle chatter. If you have need of me, make it quick."
- "My races obsession with voo-doo dolls has only become rampant just recently. It's truly a fad gone wrong..."
- "Should you have the coin, I would be willing to accompany you in your endeavors..."
- "A warrior without his weapon stands no chance against the ever-powering threats he must face..."
- "That man over there, [Name of Guide], keeps giving me dirty looks..." (Only if Guide is present)
- "I see we have another demon within our ranks. What was his name again? [Name of Tax Collector]?" (Only if Tax Collector is present)
When the player clicks Hire:
- If there is already a Hired Demon:
- "It appears a demon is already accompanying someone. Come back to me when that isn't the case..."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Weapon Master is actually a demon.
- When transforming back to a normal NPC from the Hired Demon form, the Weapon Master re-rolls for a new name. This is the only other way to change his name, apart from getting him killed.
- The quote referring the guide and the quote about voodoo dolls are both references to demons carrying guide voodoo dolls, which lead to the guide's death when thrown in lava.